Sunday, October 31, 2010

Coby's School Adventures

Coby's class has been learning about history and how we all have a past. As part of learning about our past his teacher took them on a field trip to the cemetery down the road from the school. The kids got to look for names of families that have lived in the Sunnyslope area for years and look at the dates for how old some of the...headstones are.

Of course Coby and a few other boys were very excited to see any head stone that had any military mentioned on it.


Coby really like this one because it reminded him of the George Washington Monument.

This one had many of us puzzled, kids and parents. Now of us could figure out the star and what it meant. It's hard to see but each piece has a symbol but it's random things, we decided it may have been hobbies she had in her life. My mom always like to visits cemeteries. I guess this would be one reason why, interesting puzzle.


I got to help at Coby's Halloween Party. Coby's teacher had them all in groups of 3-4 kids and there were about 6 centers of activities. I had a really fun one of helping the kids wrap each other in TP as mummies. We were out in the hall so I didn't get to many pictures of the other centers, but here's a few of the groups....

Coby is the one with his arms out and you can almost make out the black nail polish... Daddy loved that lol. Darn I forgot to have them take my picture, I had fun decorating myself in TP. It was actually a lot of fun:)


1 comment:

  1. Diane she proply belong to the oder of the Eastern Star. Yes this is one of the reasons I like cemetery walking. I get to figure out what people did in their lives. Love ya, Mom:)

    ReplyDelete