Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Once again I have been reminded of how fortunate we are!
Scott and I have randomly watched the show Deadliest Catch. It's pretty much been watching reruns here and there on the weekends. We watched a few times while in the hospital in Seattle so we both knew that Captain Phil had passed away. We actually were in Seattle the day they had the memorial service for him and saw the news broadcast of it, but today was the first time I found out what he died from. It was a shock to hear he suffered a stroke the same as Scott only 2 months before. I don't know what the cause was but I had seen the episodes where he talked about and went to the doctor for blood pressure & stress issues. What a humbling experience to know that we were blessed to be in the right place for getting the medical attention that Scott needed relatively quickly.
I sat today listening to Scott's ST talk about the advances he has made in the few weeks since she had worked with him (he has ST with Tracie and the clinic, where we stayed when we 1st got to Wenatchee). He has been promised through priesthood blessing from the beginning that he would make a full recovery and I realized that it is because of so many things in our life that have been slowly taking place over the last year. There are so many things to be Thankful For!

By the end of that episode of Deadliest Catch, I had been through a full memory of Seattle. But watching the stories of the others was amazing as well. It really gave me a touch of understanding of what it must have been like for others. By the end with the boats all out in a huge storm with the waves crashing... it was a beautiful way to capture what I felt through so much of our time in Seattle. Once again I am grateful for a little look into others lives to see how they are effected by traumatic situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment