Thursday, August 12, 2010

the things inbetween

Scott's Surgery went well! I don't completely understand blogger yet, so the Surgery Day post is suppose to be before this one...

Last night was an interesting night in that sleep never really comes when your anticipating something unpleasant. The MarQueen was an amazing place to stay. So prefect for us! I didn't get a chance to take pictures but check out their website at http://www.marqueen.com/ it's amazing. Scott kept asking where the piano player and bar maids were though lol.
We walked down the street to a open market and found dinner. He's pretty lucky I didn't see the Melting Pot resturant until the way back from the store or dinner would have cost much more than it did. I have wanted to eat there since I was in High School... maybe some day we'll go now that I know where it is.
The bathroom had a huge cast iron soaking tub that was actually long enough for me to soak up to my neck. Ah I love a good soaking bath, so relaxing for sleep. I had talked to the pre-op nurse about Scott having melatonin before surgery, she said it was fine. So by 8pm we were beat, medicated, and headed to bed. I was in & out of sleep for a few hours to start, then Scott was and by 1:30am we were both awake, after a short visit to calm the fears we were able to sleep a little better, but man 5am came fast and we were both wide a wake! So off to get ready and get to the hospital. What took us 20 minutes yesterday took us 10 minutes today so we were nice and early just the way Scott likes it:)

The kids had a fun day going to play with cousins. Debbie who is Scott's cousin some how, and my long time friend...whatever she's family on both sides to us and she hooked Scott and I up by the way... why yes I said hooked up, cuz after these last few months I'd like to see someone try and say Scott & I aren't hooked at the hip lol Any way she took the kids to play today. They had so much fun. It was a great distraction for them while dad was back in the hospital. I know they have put on strong faces for their parents, but they have struggled too. I wasn't ready for them to see Scott in bed and so heavily drugged today, so we're looking forward to them coming to see us tomorrow.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to call and get updates on the rest of the family, see how the animals are doing. Not that I really need too, I bet Thomas is wrapped up with Karen right now and BoogZ is probably passed out after a hard day of playing.

Thinking about family and the choices I have had to make has got me to realize something... I think you learn something about yourself when you have to choose between your spouse and your children day after day. Usually the choice is made for you through what you're doing. In this situations, I have decided to find someone I trust to take the kids and I stay to be with Scott. I think this choice is a life altering one that says a lot about me. I could have gone the other way. Stayed with the kids and had others for Scott, it was doable. But anyone who knows me, knows kids is not the way I'm going... obviously.... I haven't quite put it together in my mind but it feels profound, maybe even scary. Nobody likes to look deeply into their choices and see what these choices have made them as a person.
Maybe late night blogging on little sleep is a bad idea, then again maybe my thought will break clear someday and I'll be a better person. Wow my blogging sure has been a lot about me... I guess that's what happens when things go so well you have room to think about more than the threat at hand. The level of what's most important to watch for is so low! It's amazing how little to do there is...just like a normal surgery should be! So Happy It's Over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment