Friday, June 25, 2010

1st Date

Scott and I went on our first post injury date today. We went to the Y and he worked out a bit. He started on the bike then did some little weights! Amazing! Afterwards we stopped to visit with Tara. On the way to the house Scott decided we should go get Country Boys BBQ. So off to Cashmere we went. While sitting eating I asked if he was tired yet. "Yeah I am." So back to the house to watch Star Wars.
It's nice to have a chance to ease back into being parents. The kids are swimming at a friends house in Cashmere today. I know they have been shuffled around even with us being home, but this weekend should be laid back.



I had an interesting conversation with Hillary while at the Y. I often felt like I had a rather heartless response to this whole ordeal. I have never been one to cry much, but I thought that the small amount that I did cry didn't seem normal given my situation. I also cut myself off from feeling loss; loss for my children, loss for my husband... loss for our old life. While in the ambulance headed to Seattle, I had the strongest feeling that if I followed the promptings of the Lord, Scott would not be taken from me. So I cut off feelings of old, and just did what had to be done. I had to focus on getting through this so we could start again. I am grateful to now find out that not only were their many people around the country thinking & praying for us, there were also those who were carrying my feelings for me! How grateful I am to the Lord for blessing me with amazing people in my life. I knew in the beginning that we had been prepared for this to happen, as we move farther in this recovery I see how much more true this is!

No comments:

Post a Comment