Thursday, June 24, 2010

Adjusting to life at home nice & slowly. It's funny how you think you'll sleep so well in you're own bed, not so much as Scott and I found out last night. Not that it wasn't wonderful to be in our own bed, it's just the adjusting to sleeping in a new place. Hehee our home is a new place that's super funny! The home PT came today for the assessment with Scott. He was annoyed to think he had to do PT today. She told him he should try to get up & move every hour. But she also told him if he needs a nap and it's 3 hours than that's OK too. She left and I asked if he was ready to rest. Scott says no I'm suppose to move every hour. I told him not today! He didn't sleep well no pushing it today. I will not allow him to over do it in the 1st days of being home!
The kids are off to swim at the Y and play with friends. It's super quiet and I have a long list of things I should be doing, but I don't want to lol. So I'll blog about the experience of meeting Mac Bledsoe, because it was a blessing in my life to listen to him speak the day I was able to.

I had known about the Y's centennial luncheon for the last 6 months at least. When this happened to Scott, I often saw the date in my calendar and felt I still need to help with that. It was more I need to help for me not for the Y:) When it came & we were here I told my boss, I'm helping! When I got there, my job was to help with the table set up for Mac Bledsoe. I'm like OK whatever is needed. As I listened to him speak he was so inspiring. He had the best quotes, I jotted a few down to help me remember. I'm excited to be starting a new phase in life and have such a powerful start for it. I was able to visit with Mac as well and he helped me to set some new ideas about being a mom again:)

A few of the thoughts I wrote down:
~ "We can not risk having our young people wonder if we love them."
~ "Some times when people send a message of love it doesn't feel like love."
~ "The ideas in your head rule your world."
~ "I was able to change the outcome in my life by the thoughts in my head."
~ "The ripple effect he learned and YMCA Camp has been the base of my life."
Mac Bledsoe

I am taking the lessons I have learned from this traumatic situation to change the thoughts in my head. I hope to walk away from this a much better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment